Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This is the embryo of what I hope will be an active blog for the descendants of Ben Andrew Hapgood. I wanted to get something started and this seemed to be the easiest way to do it. Improvements of which I think will be many will come up in the future. I believe the latest count of direct descendants is 104 (give or take five or so). I don't have complete information from one branch of the family (attempting to get it as we speak) so I think the number will go up a lot when they report in.

Today is 12 Jan 2011. It's a bloody cold day in northwest Arkansas where your blog creator lives.

I'm going to send the URL to as many of the cousins and my family members that I have emails for.

As for me right now, I'm going to throw another log on the fire.

2 comments:

  1. Some of you most likely wonder how this project got started. About ten years ago, give or take five years, my cousin Dick Hamilton thought it would be nice for the family to have a documentation of our grandfather's posterity. He started gathering information from family members, placed it on a chart, and shipped it out for verification. After receiving the verified chart back, I offered to take over the project and here we are. I think we have captured ninety five of Ben's posterity. There are more to go as one of the branches has not yet reported in. So invitations to join in the blog will be going out in a few days. I am restricting access to the blog to Ben Hapgood family members. Don't want the information to be compromised or those having no interest to muddy up the waters. 16 Jan 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think for an upcoming post you should type in that newspaper obituary that you have, which is a nice little summary of his life. I didn't realize he was born in 1861, the same year the the U.S. Civil War started.

    ReplyDelete